Code of Ethics
All businesses who become members of the PEI GTA are committed to serving the gay and lesbian travel market and adhere to the following Code of Ethics.
As a member, the company signifies its intent to be honour-bound by the following Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics:
- A member will conduct business with honesty, integrity and fairness with respect to diverse customers, clients and employees alike.
- A member will be accessible and be accountable to customers or clients and make every reasonable effort to act for the customers’ or clients’ best interest and benefit.
- A member will not discriminate based on race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- A member will be responsible at all times for truthful and non-deceptive advertising and promotion regarding their business and its products or services.
- A member will support the goals of the PEI GTA, as well as support the GLBT community in general, in a constructive and positive manner.
- A member will take Gay Sensitivity Training and/or provide this training to all employees that will address GLBT diversity and GLBT Customer Service in line with of PEI GTA guidelines.
- A member will conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of their respective jurisdiction of business and to business or professional codes existent for the particular business or profession, and in accordance with generally accepted business practices.